Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This blog.

This blog is for me, though you may find comfort in it too, knowing you're not alone. I've decided to share our ongoing struggle with fertility and our quest to have our first child together. We both desperately want to be parents and have not been successful in our three years of trying to conceive.

We started trying after my husband, Derek, graduated from his fire fighter training in May, 2007. He settled in to the Fire Department immediately and loves his job, especially his specialty (ha, see what I did there?), water rescue. I work in an office in Environment, and am not happy with where I am right now. I'm in the process of applying to enter a Masters of Arts program. Why? Because I'm trying not to put my life on hold.

We have one dog, Khuno, a husky/shepherd cross who we adopted after fostering him for the rescue organization we volunteer with. We also have an old, fat cat names Tiko.

We live in Calgary, Alberta in a nice, family neighborhood. Perfect for raising kids. Part of the reason we chose this house was because we expected to have a family soon. But, three years later and the house is still empty.

So, here I go with my blog. I hope we all find comfort in these written words.

No comments:

Post a Comment