Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Checkmark. Transfer date is set!

My uterus has not failed me, nor have the twice daily doses of estrogen. Today my lining is at 10mm, and is trilaminar. A trilaminar endometrium is the ideal state for this phase of my cycle, and ensures a receptive environment for embryos. According to the research, "At the time of embryo transfer, it is favorable to have an endometrium of a thickness of between 7 and 14 mm with a triple-line configuration...".

So, transfer is scheduled for one week from today, June 18th. In preparation, I soon stop the five times a day Suprefact nasal spray, continue with twice a day estrogen, and start vaginal progesterone thrice daily, starting five days before transfer. 

During my meeting with the nurse today, I had her bring up the information about our blastocysts. We have a 5BB and 5BA. The '5' represents the type of embryo (blastocyst), the first letter represents the degree of fragmentation (A meaning little or no fragmentation, C meaning lots of fragmentation), and the second letter is the overall grade. We have one average blast and one above average blast. I asked about thaw success rates, and the nurse reassured me that success rates for blasts are the highest of all at the clinic, and it is very, very unlikely that we will lose one or both. Then she asked if we were ready for twins.

I know it's going to be a slow week to get to Thursday, but one of the longest waits I've ever experienced in my life is the time between transfer and pregnancy test. Thank goodness it's summer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys Em!!! Prayers for 2 healthy babies <3

    ReplyDelete