Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Update

My beta came back at 41 (at 18 DPO), which is really, really low. Too low to really think positive, if I'm completely honest with myself. We would have been looking for something between 200 and 300, but 41? No way.

I'll head in for another beta today and will try to post the results tomorrow some time. I'm heading out of town for work first thing tomorrow morning, returning on Thursday night. I'll go in for another beta on Friday and make sure the numbers start going down instead of up. Fingers crossed for a natural resolution to all this - I really don't want to have to take methotrexate or get a D&C!

Thank you everyone for all the support - my real life friends and family as well as my online friends. Derek and I are so, so lucky that we have such a wonderful support system in our lives. You are the reason we get through this!

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I'm so sorry to hear about this! Life really is cruel. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the hugs Francie. :-)

    ReplyDelete