Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cycle Day 10 Ultrasound

I went in for a cycle day 10 ultrasound yesterday morning. I requested this myself because I'm on my sixth Clomid cycle and I've never been monitored. Clomid is notorious for thinning the endometrial lining, so I wanted to double check.

My lining was 7mm - perfect - and I have three good follicles growing in there.

I think they were a bit confused about why I was there because the ultrasound tech said I needed to come back in two days...well, I'm not on injectables or triggering, and this was patient requested, so I'm not sure it's necessary. I only went in for my peace of mind, and since it looks like all is well, I don't feel the need to go in for a repeat.

Plus, it's $120 each ultrasound (man they must rake it in, my appointment was about 5 minutes!), and these costs add up fast. So far we've paid out $1200 for these treatments, with another $250 owing when we go in for the IUI this weekend. Can't wait for the cost of IVF...NOT!

1 comment:

  1. Think positively - IVF is more likely to work, so if you do end up shelling out big bucks, you're more likely to come home with a RLB*.

    Good luck with this IUI. If it doesn't pan out, take heart from the fact that IVF is a much more successful procedure, and a really good next step. And my experience was pretty positive and not nearly as stressful as I'd been led to believe.

    * Real Live Baby

    ReplyDelete