Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

If only dreams were premonitions

Last night I had a vivid dream that when I did my pregnancy test this Sunday it was positive. It was a weird looking test, but it was a digital, and in a convoluted way it told me I was pregnant. It's hours later and I'm awake and I can still feel the joy and hope I felt in my dream.

I've decide that on Sunday morning we will wake up (Derek is working), I will POAS (pee on a stick) - a Clearblue digital I've already purchased three of - and then I'll crawl back in bed. Derek can wait for the results and then come and tell me what it says.

Honestly, I don't feel hopeful today. I've been crampy for three days now, and my boobs are really sore, but this is par for the course. It sucks that PMS is so similar to pregnancy symptoms.

In an effort to 'keep living my life', I registered for a half marathon this morning, and it'll happen on May 29. I've always been a runner, but have been slacking for a few months. I need to get back to something that'll help me destress.

No comments:

Post a Comment