Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The process has begun, yet again.

The fertility clinic finally called me back today to set everything up. I am to start taking my Clomid tonight and continue for five days. I start using my OPK's to detect my LH surge on March 22nd, and plan for the IUI somewhere between March 26 and 28. Going by my very predictable cycle, it'll be on the 27th.

I asked about an ultrasound to check on how things look in there as I'm getting ready to ovulate and she said the doctor doesn't think it's necessary, so I'd have to pay out of pocket. $120. I figure it's a pretty small price to pay for my own peace of mind. They'll be doing the ultrasound on cycle day 10, which is March 22nd (same day I start my OPK's).

I'm considering lowering my dose to 50mg instead of the 100mg I've been on for the past two cycles. I was told I was put on 100mg because that's "the standard" for IUI's, but I do ovulate on my own, so I'm a bit confused. Clomid has been shown to thin the endometrium (lining) with higher doses - hence my request for an ultrasound - so I'm slightly concerned. I start taking it at about 9 pm tonight, so I have about six hours to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment