Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

And Then There Were None

Over the last week, I've gone through multiple scenarios regarding our two little embryos in my head, going through the what if's. What if one is genetically normal? We would be scared we only had one, but hopeful that it was the golden embryo leading to the last, greatest chapter in our story. What if we had two? Even better, with our plan to do a single embryo transfer we get two chances at success, a little bit of insurance.

But the scenario I avoided thinking about was what if we had none. It was hard to think about, hard to talk about. We avoided verbalizing it for fear of negative thinking, of course this was going to work! We are doing everything right this time!

But, unfortunately, the scenario we couldn't stand to think about during the wait is what ultimately happened. Both embryos are genetically abnormal. Abnormal to the point that a live birth, if it got that far, would result in severe mental retardation and physical deformities.

I suppose the silver lining is that we might have some sort of answer after all these years. We produce really crappy embryos. We suspect it's my eggs, and Dr. Hudson confirmed that during our call. We briefly discussed the option of doing multiple IVF's in the hope that we might end up with a normal embryo, but that is so far outside of what I am willing to put myself and us through I immediately rejected it.

Onward, I suppose, to whatever the next step will be and we know we have some options. I have to come to terms with the fact that I will never pass on my genetic material - I think I'm ok with that, but it's still really shitty. Regardless, we'll be taking some time to think and refocus, and explore this new world we've found ourselves in.

6 comments:

  1. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from fibroid, I have suffered from fibroid since the 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the pain during my menstrual period until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including fibroid, at first i doubted if it we be able to shrink the 9cm large fibroid in my womb, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from fibroid just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from fibroid you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "With Dr Williams,herbal medicine I felt very empowered after I started his medication and the results came very quickly I might add. Contrary to what my doctor had recommended, (that I would have my uterus removed) I have succeeded in less than 4 weeks to treat all the symptoms associated with my fibroids (including the pain, bleeding and bladder pressure) and within 4 weeks, my huge 8.2cm & 8.5cm fibroids had shrunk into almost nothing. Thank you so much for this terrific publication. I also recently experienced a symptom-free menstruation, which was nothing short of remarkable, considering the awful state I was in before I was introduced to dr williams life changing medication,for more information on how to get his medicine you can email him in drwilliam098675@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I GIVE ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM FIBROID
    I can’t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all fibroid patient in the world. i never believed that their could be any complete cure for fibroid with out going for surgery ,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites and Facebook page of how Dr Williams prepare herbal cure for different king of disease,and with the help of his herb they where able to shrink there fibroid naturally. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually . Right now i want to tell you all that i just give birth to a baby boy last month,and on thin now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any fibroid in my system . Glory be to God for leading me to this great Dr Williams I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no herbal cure for fibroid that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure from his email drwilliams098675@gmail.com and you will be free and free forever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. i hope to see your testimony soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and i am gratetful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Epilepsy, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues.He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete


  5. A herbal doctor from Africa; specialized on cases of infertility in men and woman. If you are a man and cannot get a woman pregnant no matter your size and age, I will make you function like never before. I inherited this gift from my fathers. Also, any woman that is finding it hard to get pregnant and for this, your marriage is facing difficulties, worry no more. I have the roots and herbs that will make you fertile. I also solve the problem with miscarriages and fibroid. Tube blockage is also freed with our herbal medicines. If you are interested, please contact now. Read and pass it through. Help a woman, friend, sister, daughter and a family. Roots are 100% herbal and natural.

    Telephone (whatsapp): +2348025934699
    Email: adungugupowers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WWW.BOLAVITA.VIP SITUS PENYEDIA TARUHAN SABUNG AYAM ONLINE TERPOPULER DI INDONESIA !

    MINIMAL DEPOSIT HANYA 50RIBU SAJA ! INFO SELENGKAPNYA HUB :
    WA : +62812-2222-995
    BBM : BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete