Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Friday, September 9, 2016

IVF #2 - Day Eight of Stims / First Ultrasound

This post is a day late because I spent most of the day yesterday in bed with food poisoning (thanks Salmon Wellington). Luckily, before it hit me too hard, we were able to make it to the clinic by 7:30 am for blood work and my first ultrasound. It looks like we're on track and things look similar to IVF number one, which resulted in 14 mature eggs. Here's my follicle report:




We are looking for follicles close to 17 mm for trigger. The more that are close to that number at trigger, the better. In some cases, they'll let me go an extra day or so, resulting in follicles upwards of 20 mm, to allow slightly smaller ones to catch up.


During our first IVF my right ovary looked much better than my left as well, however during retrieval they found a handful of hidden ones (my left ovary itself likes to hide). I'm hoping for the same result this time as well. Estradiol yesterday was 890 pmol/L, which is right where I need to be.


Next ultrasound and blood work is tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Nikmati Bonus Deposit 10% di Situs www.bolavita.vip sekarang juga !

    Agen Taruhan Sabung Ayam Live Terbesar dan Terpopuler sepanjang Masa !
    Dapat di akses sangat mudah melalui Smartphone, Laptop & PC !

    INFO SELENGKAPNYA HUBUNGI :
    WA : +62812-2222-995
    BBM : BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete