Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

And Then There Were Two

After a couple of days of agony, we got the call from the lab this morning that we have two blastocysts, graded at a 17+ and an 18 (of 20), on ice. They were able to biopsy both and we should have the results in a week or so.


It will be interesting to see the entire lab report on all embryos to understand the day-by-day. Yesterday, on day five, I answered a call from the clinic and it was Dr. Hudson himself. I instantly felt a knot in my stomach certain that the news would be bad and all embryos had arrested. But we still had four, although the news wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. As of yesterday, we had one hatching blast graded 17+ that was suitable for biopsy and vitrification (freezing), but only one other early blast graded at a 16, and two morulas. A morula is typically what is seen on day four, so they were a day behind. Not necessarily bad news, but not great either. The plan was to see what made it to blast and freeze with no biopsy - the concern was that they were of such low quality that attempting a biopsy would damage them to the point that they'd arrest.


Ending up with two, and having them graded higher than I expected, is great news!


The PGS results will tell the final story however. At my age, according to the research, we have about a 50/50 chance of a genetically normal embryo. Since we have two, we're looking at around a 66% chance of at least one genetically normal embryo. I am so thankful we made it this far - hopefully we have something to work with and we can move to the next stressful step in the process!

4 comments:

  1. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from fibroid, I have suffered from fibroid since the 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the pain during my menstrual period until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including fibroid, at first i doubted if it we be able to shrink the 9cm large fibroid in my womb, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from fibroid just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from fibroid you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "With Dr Williams,herbal medicine I felt very empowered after I started his medication and the results came very quickly I might add. Contrary to what my doctor had recommended, (that I would have my uterus removed) I have succeeded in less than 4 weeks to treat all the symptoms associated with my fibroids (including the pain, bleeding and bladder pressure) and within 4 weeks, my huge 8.2cm & 8.5cm fibroids had shrunk into almost nothing. Thank you so much for this terrific publication. I also recently experienced a symptom-free menstruation, which was nothing short of remarkable, considering the awful state I was in before I was introduced to dr williams life changing medication,for more information on how to get his medicine you can email him in drwilliam098675@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your journey of the infertility with us.

    ReplyDelete


  4. A herbal doctor from Africa; specialized on cases of infertility in men and woman. If you are a man and cannot get a woman pregnant no matter your size and age, I will make you function like never before. I inherited this gift from my fathers. Also, any woman that is finding it hard to get pregnant and for this, your marriage is facing difficulties, worry no more. I have the roots and herbs that will make you fertile. I also solve the problem with miscarriages and fibroid. Tube blockage is also freed with our herbal medicines. If you are interested, please contact now. Read and pass it through. Help a woman, friend, sister, daughter and a family. Roots are 100% herbal and natural.

    Telephone (whatsapp): +2348025934699
    Email: adungugupowers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete