Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Dum Spiro Spero V2

Dum Spiro Spero
While I breathe, I hope



I've been wearing this bracelet since I left Calgary and tend to fiddle with it during my appointments at the fertility clinic. I'll be wearing it tomorrow during the retrieval as well. It was a gift from a group of amazing ladies during our FET last year. I just wanted to acknowledge them for their ongoing support.

Today was a total down day. No injections, no early appointments, just a late sleep followed by a pedicure (so my feet look nice in the stirrups), lunch, and wandering around the city. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for tomorrow (and the days to follow while we wait to see what makes it to day five), but I can't help but want to compare to last time: 17 eggs, 14 mature.

So, let's have some fun and start guessing - how many eggs, how many mature do you think based on the following:

IVF #1: Long Lupron (Gonal-F and Luveris, started 150 IU and 75 IU respectively, increased to 375 IU Gonal-F by day 7)
Baseline E2: 72 pmol/L
Injection day 7: E2 501; seven follies right, four left
Injection day 10: E2 3879; eight follies right (lead at 16 mm), five left
Injection day 12: E2 6665; eleven follies right (lead at 19 mm), five left
Trigger day 13
ER day 15: 17 eggs, 14 mature

IVF #2: Femera/Antagonist (Gonal-F and Luveris, 450 IU and 150 IU steady)
Baseline E2: 24 pmol/L
Injection day 8: E2 890; eight follies right, five left
Injection day 10: E2 2024; seven+ follies right, three+ left (plus a few stragglers)
Injection day 11: E2 5388; seven+ strong follies right (lead at 21 mm), five+ left
Trigger day 11


4 comments:

  1. I'm guessing 15 retrieved, 8 mature.

    I hope this doesn't sound pessimistic compared to last time. I'm hoping that the new protocol recruited better follicles, and while you may get fewer eggs, they'll be better quality. <3

    Can't wait to hear your actual haul and get the fert report. I'm hopeful and excited for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!!! I have heard amazing things about VFC so hopefully this is what you needed to finally succeed. Will be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from fibroid, I have suffered from fibroid since the 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the pain during my menstrual period until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including fibroid, at first i doubted if it we be able to shrink the 9cm large fibroid in my womb, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from fibroid just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from fibroid you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WWW.BOLAVITA.VIP SITUS PENYEDIA TARUHAN SABUNG AYAM ONLINE TERPOPULER DI INDONESIA !

    MINIMAL DEPOSIT HANYA 50RIBU SAJA ! INFO SELENGKAPNYA HUB :
    WA : +62812-2222-995
    BBM : BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete