Struggles with Infertility

Being a parent is not something that everyone has as a goal in life. But once you decide that you want to be a parent, and you are unable to, your life can either unravel, or you can try to find meaning in your struggles. This blog is me trying to find meaning.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Due Dates

Yesterday was our due date for the baby we conceived last July and lost. It's amazing how fast the time goes, and it's hard for me to believe that I could be holding a baby in my arms right now if fate hadn't dealt me a bad hand.

We could also have an almost four year old right now. I found out I was pregnant right around the time Derek was graduating for his training with the Fire Department in May 2007.

I wonder what we would have had? What would we have named him or her? Would they be healthy?

As yesterday becomes distant past, it will get easier, but for now, happy birthday unknown baby.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, as I've never been through this, but I'm sorry you have been. It must be excuciating at times to think about the what ifs, and if onlys. Hopefully there will be no more of these days for you and Derek.

    ReplyDelete